The Application Manager allows the system administrator to manage site applications and access.
The Application Manager allows the system administrator to add and manage sections and applications to the system, and to assign permissions to users for all applications in the system.
A section is a number of applications grouped together under one heading in the top navigation bar. The applications will appear as a dropdown list under the section header.
To add a section:
- Select 'Add Section' from the 'Add New' dropdown menu
- Complete the Name, Description, Settings and Permissions
- Click on 'Save New'
To add an application:
- Select 'Add Application' from the 'Add New' dropdown menu
- Select the Type of application you are adding - Dashboard, Resource Manager, Workspace etc.
- Complete the Title, Label Name, Description, Settings and Permissions
- Click on 'Save New'
To grant/remove permissions to an application:
1. Click on the relevant application
2. The 'Type' field displays the type of application
3. Complete the Title of the application
4. Fill in the Label Name
5. Tick this checkbox if you want to disable the application and remove it from the top nav. It can be re-enabled at a later date.
6. Tick this to turn on the mobile version of the application
7. Click on Config Settings to set the config - these settings will be different for each type of application.
8. Click on the 'Permissions' tab to assign View, Edit or Admin permissions to individual users or to groups.
9. Click 'Save' to save changes.
- Super Admin and System Admin can always see these modules regardless of permission setup. System Edit and System View users will need to be added to the relevant groups
- It is possible to restrict who can create a new workbox in the 'Files' area. Uesrs with View access get 'Files' area access and those with ‘Admin’ access are the only users who can create workboxes.
- It is also possible to append logo and verbiage to the header of an Excel output in the Reports section.
When showing groups with access to a section/area, names of groups nested within those groups are displayed
For example, assign a parent group to a section such as the Projects section. When you then go into that section and create a project, you should see all the options of groups that are nested in the parent as well as the parent – i.e. you should be able to select the parent group to the project or any of its children groups as individual entities.
Meta filters: The Application manager allows the addition of meta filters and default view for the Library
In the Layout and Order section:
Default Depth dropdown setting:
If set to ‘Shallow' then only the current folder content is displayed
If set to ‘Deep' then all sub folder content is displayed
Sort Library Lists: A Sys Admin can configure how the files in the Library/Knowledge area are sorted:
The ‘Default Sort Field’ can be set to Author, Date Created or Title.
The ‘Default Sort Order’ can be set to either Ascending (ASC) or Descending (DESC)
Front-end Display options:
The 'Select View Type' option allows a user to select which view to show on the front end - list, status, phase etc.
The 'Show Pipeline Projects View' option enables the 'Show Pipeline Projects' button on the Project list. Note: This also needs to be configured in the Configuration section of the Template Builder