The Archive Manager allows system administrators to configure site wide Archive and Purge rules across all content types. This includes:
- Form Files
- Files / Folders
Definition of Archive vs Purge:
- Archive (soft-delete): Once a piece of content reaches its Archive parameter, it should be soft deleted from system. It is still held in Screendragon up to an agreed period.
- Purge (hard-delete): Once a piece of content reaches its Purge parameter, it should be hard deleted from Screendragon.
Note: When Archive and Purge rules exist for the same content type, the archive rule takes effect first.
To create a new archive or purge rule, open the Archive Manager admin tool and click on the Content Type you want to create the rule for e.g. Forms
Click on the 'Create New' button
Complete the required details:
- Choose action to take - Archive or Purge
- Specify the number of days after which the action is taken
- Specify whether the action date is based on the date created or the date last modified
- State when the rule should start
- Choose whether to apply the rule retroactively
- Select the content to be archived/purged
- Select which (if any) users should be notified