To create a new form:
1. Select ‘Create New’ from the bottom right of the screen and the following is displayed:
- Complete the “Name and Description” fields. The name will be used when forms are listed.
- Change View mode to Settings view by clicking on the 'Settings' button.
4. Complete the options:
• Save Form Label – Set the label to be used for the form, as forms within a Forms module cannot be named. Therefore instead of a form being titled ‘Form’ it now has the label details or address
• What Workflows can this form be sent on – choose the workflows that can use this form
• Form Type – See 5 Below
• Apply this form to a specific site location – Specify where this form is seen within the site
• Allow Save as draft – allows a partially completed form to be saved as a draft for further editing
• Prompt to send email Notification – A prompt can be enabled for email notification to enable or disable email notification for the form
• Enable Filelist for this Form - When this is on, the user can open a filelist from the Form view mode. This allows for multiple folders and files to be added to a form without the need for it to be a form field element
• Allow sort on group elements - Drag and drop capability that allows user to re-order grouped elements within a form
5. Choose type(s) of form
• Project - Project forms allow admin users to define project jacket information. Linking with the template builder a system admin can define different jacket information for each project template (see 3. Template Builder)
• Document –The admin can define what meta data can be applied to a file on upload. Users can select which meta form to use on file upload
• Task – Task forms allow users to add further information (meta data) to a task when being created to increase search efficiency
• Form – Form available when workflow action type form is selected. The creator of a workflow will choose what form to use. When the workflow is created the front end user will be required to complete the form indicated for the action to proceed.
• Profile - Admin user can define what additional profile information a user can complete in the system. Note: Only one profile form can be published at a time
• Survey - User is asked to fill in a form. Each version of the form is saved per user and can be displayed as a list in the main form
7. Add Group - Select to create a group of form elements
8. Add Element - Elements can be added individually or as part of a group
9. The admin can save a form for later use or publish it to the system for all users to see. The admin can also delete a from using the Delete button
- Click on the '+' button to add a tab.
- To name a tab, complete the text box with the name desired.
- All tabs that are added can be removed, however one tab will always be present. To delete a tab, click on the 'Delete Tab' button.
- Tabs can be re-organised using the 'Move Tab Left' and 'Move Tab Right' buttons.
'Tab Settings' is a configuration that enables all fields within a tab in your form to be shown, hidden or read only. This can be applied based on user permissions i.e. submitters, editor, admins, groups or everyone.
In the example below, the selected tab will be shown to everyone when in 'Create' mode:
Form Builder Options
• Click 'Preview' to preview the form within the Form Builder.
• Click 'Save for Later' to save the form in draft status for editing and updating later.
• Click 'Save & Publish' to save and publish the form.
• Click 'Delete' to delete the form and remove it from the form list.
Form Version History
The version history section displays previous versions of the workflow allowing you to rollback to a previous version if required: