Form view configs are the ‘layouts’ that appear in the dropdown on a form list i.e. Inbox, Outbox
The form view configs you create are linked to a form list section that appears in the main nav via the application manager.
The form lists created in the List manager are then referenced in each form view config.
Multiple views can be added to each form view config and each view can reference a different form list if needed:
1. Create a new view
2. List of form views configured. Click on the name of the view to make changes.
3. Edit View - open the view and make any updates.
4. Clone a view
5. Delete a view
6. Export Language Data - export localization data to an excel sheet.
7. Import Language Data - import localization data from an excel sheet.
Click on an existing view to make updates.
• Click 'Add' to add a new view which will appear in the dropdown menu.
• Enter a name for the view under 'View Name'
• Specify the Form List View.
• Bulk Action View allows the admin to pick the form list to use in bulk exports from that view.
• Choose the workflow locations.
Workflow Settings tab:
Pending - Show workflows where the user has an action available to them OR is an assigned user
Deep - Search Sub Folders
My Form - Show workflows the user submitted
Forms on a Workflow - Check to show forms attached to a workflow
Forms not on a Workflow - Check to show forms not attached to a workflow
Drafts - Check to show draft forms
Assigned - Show workflows where the user is assigned to the current step
Action - Show workflows where the user has an action available to them
There are two types of filter a user can set: Automatic date range based on a specific number of days and Fixed date range.
Automatic date range: In each view a number of days could be set which the system then uses to create the date range to apply i.e. for everything created in the last year you would set the period as 365 days and the system would set the date range end date as being today's date and the start date as today's date minus 365 days. The admin can manually set the number of days to create any type of filter range view i.e. last month, last quarter, last week, since latest workflow launched
Fixed date range: For creating an archive view for 2016 you would set the create date as being between 01-01-2016 and 31-12-2016
Users are able to choose 'current date' as the end date. This is to handle use cases where you may want to see everything created in a financial year i.e. you know the start date but not the end date
- The status selector is a side by side panel selector to make status selection easier.
- Deprecated statuses that are selected in a form view config can be identified as such.
- Statuses that were never selected in a form view config and no longer existing in current workflow version can be manually added to the list by an admin. They should be entered as a text label and appear as deprecated statuses when the list is opened next.
View Options tab:
Form View Settings:
Filelist - Form file workbox option
Hide Disclaimer - Banner on top of the workflow status
Discussion tab - Chat tab in form view
Footer - User workflow action options in form view
History Tab - View when modifications were made to the form
Status Tab - Workflow status in RHS section
Hide Create Button - Hide Create New button in the form list view
Show Left panel - Form image and options - update, export, clone, archive in the LHS panel
Show Background panel - Form configured background panel on RHS
Left Panel Option
The Left panel is configurable in Form View Config.
This allows for the file upload marked as "Main Form File" (in the Form Builder) to display on the left of a form in view mode.
To populate a left panel image beside your form in view mode, you will need to update the Form View Config and the Form Builder.
Form Builder: On the relevant form, a file element is needed, with the "Main Form File" checkbox selected. This is what is used as the left hand image.
Form View Config:
- Select the relevant config and then select a view and then click on the ‘View Options’ tab
- In the Form View Settings, set the Show Left Panel switch to ON. This will provide you with left panel config options.
By default, if you have enabled a main form file element in your form, once this has been uploaded it will automatically be applied to the left of your form in view mode.
- New config options – Left Panel Buttons - also allow you to add and configure four standard form interaction elements. Edit, Clone and Workflow
- Using the Label field you an name your interaction tools, Type allows you select which tool and Style can be used by design to apply a specific class to your configured buttons.
Note: If you select workflow, you can then select what workflow this should be used to action on.
Background Image Configuration
Background image configuration is also available in the Form View Config.
Steps to configure a background image are as follows:
- Navigate to the Form View Config.
- Select a config
- Select a view and then go to the ‘View Options’ tab
- In the Form View Settings, set the Show Background Panel switch to ON. This will now show the background config tools.
- Click the Add Background Setting button
- You will be presented with 3 options,
- Under Form field you will be provided a dropdown under which you can select a form element to tie your background images to. Select a form element that will have multiple values.
- Within the Value field, add in a value found in the above form element. Spelling and case specific.
- Click on ‘Browse File’ to upload an image to be displayed when this value is selected.
- Navigate to the form in the system and in view mode you will see your configured image on the right hand side of your form.