The 'Modules' tab allows admin users to define what modules are to be available within a project (i.e. Info, Files, Tasks, Team etc...)
Add a module
1. Select the Modules tab
2. Select ‘Add Module’
3. Choose the module type to add
4. Complete the module information
All modules contain the following information:
• Title – The title of the module that will be displayed to end users
• Icon – The icon that will be displayed for the module to end users
The sections below show the options available for each module that can be placed in a project template.
• Show Timeline – (Info) to display a timeline - setting to hide/display the 'project activity timeline' will be visible within the info module
• Show Actions – (Info) to display the actions list - setting to hide/display the 'project actions' in the coming week/overdue within the project info
• Show Meta – (Info) to display meta data - setting to hide/display the project meta data defined in the assigned project form
The Notes module allows users assigned to the project to make and share notes concerning the project.
• View Configuration - Specifies what list view to use and what form types are listed
• View - The default appearance of the forms list.
• Type – The type of form that will be displayed. Forms available in this menu are marked as Form type forms within the form builder.
• Single Form Mode – This allows for only one form to be assigned to this project
• Project Forms - Forms are a top level list for the project and will display the same forms regardless of phase
• Show Create Button - Allows the 'Create' button to be shown or hidden when adding form lists in a project
• Create New Label - Label used on the 'Create' button when editing a form
• Edit Label - Label used on the 'Save' button when editing a form
The Subs module allows for a sub-project to be created within a project. The following options are available:
• Doc Export – This allows for the sub project information to be exported to an excel document
• Inherit Permissions from Parent– Bring permissions from a parent project through to a sub project automatically. Note - if you specify the permissions via template or a form it would override any inherit of permissions.
• Views – These are the views that will be selectable within the subproject
• Project Types – These are the projects that can be created as sub-projects within this module. All templates set as enabled in template builder will be listed here.
• Project List views– Select which portfolio views to include
The Tasks module allows for tasks and workflows to be created within a project. Within the tasks module the tasks list can be filtered in various ways. The options below can be set to display certain tasks by default.
The following are the options available:
- Quick Task Layout - Use newer, more streamlined task list for quick in-line editing of task details and statuses.
- Link to RM - Link to Resource Manager
- Show Workflow – Set default value (on or off) for 'Show workflows' when viewing the task list
- Show Sub Projects – Set default value (on or off) for 'Show Sub-Projects' when viewing the task list
- Show My Tasks – Set default value (on or off) for 'Show My Tasks' when viewing the task list
- Show All Phases - Set 'ON' to show all tasks across all project phases or 'OFF' to show tasks per phase.
- Project Wide Tasks - Tasks and workflows are added at the project level, not the phase level
- Open Tasks - Only shows tasks that haven't been completed
- Allow Workflows - When toggled to ON, the sys admin has the ability to predefine what workflows can be used within the Task module of a project. When toggled to OFF, this removes the option to create a workflow within the Tasks module
- Choose Sort Type & Order By - Configuration to manage the default sort order of tasks by ascending/descending
- Workflow List - Allows the sys admin to predefine what workflows can be used within the Task module of a project
- Auto Refresh Frequency – The task list will refresh at this set rate. The user does not need to refresh the entire page as this module will automatically refresh its contents
- Choose Sort Type and Order By - Configuration to manage the default sort orders of tasks by ascending/descending
- Workflow List - Allows the system admin to predefine what workflows can be used within the Task Module of a project. In the Project section, only the workflows selected will appear in the New Workflow dropdown.
- Task Status Options – The options that will be available for the tasks to be set to?
- Name Label – Name label for parent and sub tasks
- Start Label - Label to be used for the task start date eg. Commencement date
- End Label - Label to be used for the task end date eg. Completion date
- Task Form – The form that will be used for task creation for parent and sub tasks
- Show Start Date – Show the start date for parent or sub tasks
- Show End Date – Show the end date for parent or sub tasks
- Choose Task View – Choose the default view for tasks
The Files module allows users to upload files, create folders and add links to a project. The following option is available:
- Project files - If toggled to 'On' the files uploaded or folders created are stored across the project as a whole rather than under a particular stage gate.
The Team module is a directory of all users in the system that you can search and filter through using relevant meta data.
The Budget module gives a financial view of the project.
Dashboards created in the Dashboard Manager are created either for the system homepage or for within a project. For more info, see Dashboard Manager. If the dashboard is created to be used in a project, it will be available for selection in the 'Dashboard Layout' list.
The Planner module is a capacity manager that allows you to ensure your resources are utilized at all times. Report back on billable hours, role utilization and project spend.
The JIRA module allows users to create JIRA tickets from within the Screendragon Projects JIRA module.
To create a JIRA task/ticket, users will need to enter/select
- The associated JIRA project, if more than one associated with the current SD project.
- The task type
- The assigned users.
Note: The 'Show JIRA Integration' switch in the Configuration tab must also be set to ON.
The Tasks module is the latest version of the Tasks module and allows for tasks and workflows to be created within a project.
Order a module
Drag this icon alongside the module type to order the modules
Delete a module
Next page: Phases