'Phases' allows an admin to define the phases/stages of a project workflow
Add a phase
- Select the Phases tab
- Select ‘Add Phase’ (There must be at least one phase for a project)
- Complete ‘Title’ and ‘Description - the phase title is displayed to all end users
- Choose Color to represent phase - This color displays to all end users in the project list view. This color is seen when the view is changed to phase.
- The 'Is Default' toggle determines if this phase is the default phase that a project will start in.
- The 'Email Notify' toggle will determine if an email notification is prompted for when the phase is complete.
- The 'Link to Date' dropdown will specify if this phase is linked to a date defined in the project e.g. Start Date, End Date, etc.
Order a phase
Drag the phases up and down to re-order
Delete a phase
Select the trash can icon to delete a phase
Dynamic naming of phases
Phases can be also defined dynamically during creation of a project or estimate.
To configure this, an element of type text is given a default name and then the option 'Task Milestone' is selected.
Note: If you don’t wish to manually add names the system will name them from 1,2,3…by default. If you wish to name them select the “Milestone Name” and provide a number/name as required.
If the form is part of a project request / Estimate request workflow that converts to a project, it will be necessary to update the mapping so the new form values for Milestone names are passed to the new project when the workflow completes.
However, if a user wants to pick and choose the number of phases required for a project, the configuration is different. The specified phase title field should be hidden or left blank and only the completed title fields will be taken into account when creating the project.