From the Homepage, open the Form workflow section by clicking on the relevant button in the header. This will bring you the Workflows page. Every user has a dashboard to keep them informed on workflows they are involved in. The layout of this dashboard is shown below.
An 'Export to Excel' button allows the user to export the form list to an Excel spreadsheet.
The list can be filtered to display various views using the 'Filter' button. Each view can have different columns configured and different forms returned.
Workflow actions appear in a dropdown list and are as follows:
- Open in New Tab
- Print Preview
- Assigned Users - display a list of users assigned to the workflow
- Clone form - allows the user to send the same form on a new workflow after making some minor edits
- Favorite - allows users to favorite a form and then filter on their favorites
- Edit workflow - allows users to assign/reassign a step to other users/groups
Initiating a workflow
1. To begin a new workflow, click on the 'Create New' button on the bottom right of the page and select the workflow/form type from the list:
2. Fill in the fields of the form. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk but do not need to be filled in if saving as a draft.
3. To save the form, you can:
• Click 'Save as Draft' to save the form as a draft which can be completed at a later date
• Click 'Submit' to submit the form on a form's default workflow.
4. Click 'X' to discard the submission.
Once a form is sent on a workflow, it moves to the first step of the process where it can be assigned to a particular users where they can then action the workflow to move it on to the next step. The rules around who is assigned to a particular step, the actions available and the steps in the process are all configured by an admin in the workflow builder which is outside the scope of this document.
Next page: Completing an action on a workflow