Modules are located on the left hand side of the Project Details page.
Modules are created in the Template Builder section of the Administrator Tools. This is where the system administrator manages project template layouts as well as accessing advanced configuration settings.
The types of module options are: Info, Notes, Forms, Subs, Tasks, Files, Team, Planner, Budget and Dashboard
The label of each module is configurable in the Template Builder. For example, the Info module below has been labelled "Activity Log" and the Form module is labelled "Deliverable Approval".
An overview of Project activity and general project information is shown within this tab along with custom Meta tabs included with the project creation. This allows users to track project progress and identify bottlenecks.
Add a comment
Comments can be added by entering them in the comment box and pressing "Post" to post the comment or "Post & Notify" to post the comment and send an 'Email notification' to other users. You can either select which users you want to notify or email all users.
As projects are edited different versions are saved. By using the version history drop-down the updates performed across versions are highlighted and previous version information is displayed.
Print Preview shows you a preview of the printed form. Formatting options include: Header logo; Tab Header - Background and Text Color ; System Details Tab - Project Name; Larger font and Brand Color; Status Label bold and larger font; Standard width % lay the labels and content out; Label - bold and black ; Group Label - secondary color and underline ; Group with grid styling
Notes are a useful addition to a project - they allow users to add projects notes for other users.
A new note can be created by clicking the “Create New” button. Users assigned access to the project are able to perform this action.
Forms created in the form builder (See: Form Builder) can be added and completed in the project 'Forms' module for assigned users to view. Here we show a form section for " Deliverable Approvals" which can follow a workflow process of approval with assigned users:
To create a new form within the project click on the “Create New” button you will be prompted with a list of forms. On selecting a form a dialog appears to complete the form fields.
By clicking the “Clone Form” button a form can be cloned. A new unique name must be given to the copied form as identical names cannot exist.
Click on "Edit Workflow" to edit the workflow. The form can be deleted here.
Opening a workflow form
There are two options to open a workflow form:
- A ‘clickable’ element will open the form within the same browser tab
- Alternatively, clicking ‘Open in New Tab’ will display the form within a new browser tab
You can now action multiple workflows at once from the form list using the new check boxes. If you select one or more checkbox the bulk action button appears and shows you all the actions available to you and the number of selected workflows that action is available on
The selected workflows do not have to be on the same step or even the same workflow. The system looks at all the actions available at the current steps for all selected workflows and if any of the action labels are the same tells you via the number in brackets how may workflows have that action
After each bulk action an onscreen pops up showing you a report of all workflows affected and the new status of each. This report can be exported to excel.
In the 'Subs' module, users can create sub projects. All the 'view' features and search functions within the main project screen are the same here.
- Create New Sub - A sub-project can be created In the same way as creating the main project.
- Export to Excel - Clicking the “Export to Excel” button will export the shown list of sub projects to an excel document.
- Show My Drafts - When the “Show My Drafts” button is pressed the draft sub projects created by the user will be shown.
The Files section of a project works very similarly to a workbox in the files section. Files added can only be seen and used by users assigned access to the project.
- Select Files Module in the project LHS module list
- Select ‘Upload File’ from the dropdown menu or simply drag and drop into the File Area.
- Add folders to provide permissions if content needs to be restricted to certain team members.
- Complete the file details
- Description – A brief description of the file
- Publish Date – Determine from when the file will be displayed
- Expiry Date – Determine the expiry date of the file (no longer available)
- Block Download – Whether or not the file is available to download
- Email Notification – Users from within the project team are emailed
- Meta form – A meta form attached to the file on upload. This meta is used for search, filters and reporting.
- Select "Upload files" to complete
The file will now be present within the files tab of the project for the time specified between start and end date.
The following are the various actions that you the user can perform on files within a project
- Open a file - Open a file, screen which will allow you to add notes, see information, and download file, view file history and view associated files.
- Download a file - Download a file to your computer - on selecting this option you are prompted to save the file selected.
- Edit a file - Edit the file details - the visibility of the file can be adjusted by modifying the start and end dates.
- Cut a file - Allows you to cut and paste the file.
- Copy a file - Allows you to copy and paste a file.
- Paste a file - Allows a file that has been cut or copied to be pasted to the current location.
- Delete a file - Deletes the file(s).
- Check In / Out files - File versioning - Check out puts the file into a state that it can be updated with a new version, after doing so the file can be checked back in to be used again. On opening a file preview you will be able to view previous versions using the file history tab.
- Start workflow - Send the file on a selected workflow, if available.
- File Share - This automatically creates a URL to be sent to users to access the selected file, the user can select email to launch their default email application with a draft email.
- External Share - This allows for a folder and its files to be shared with non system users. Note - Subfolders will not be shared and will need to be shared individually.
The teams tab show the profiles of users that have been added to the project when the project is being created or edited. These users will be able to view all aspects of the project and can be assigned to tasks and workflows.
- Meta Filters - The teams can be filtered by the information they contain such as Company, Expertise etc. This can be done using the meta filters tabs.
- View - By selecting the profile picture of a user you can see all the information contained within the user profile. This information is set within user management. (See: 4.User Management)
- Edit - When viewing a user profile the option is available to edit the user by clicking on the “Edit Profile” button
- Note - Users that have blanket permissions across a project type via the Project Permission Manager will also appear within the Team module.
The Resource Planner tab highlights all resources for this project and allows project admins to manage resource requirements. It will also show bookings from other projects so that you can check availability against other assigned work.
Tasks are managed within the 'Tasks' module or directly within the Resource Planner.
For more detailed info on Tasks, please click here.
The Budget tab shows the current costs associated with the project including resourcing costs and manually entered costs.
For more detailed info on the Budget Module please click here.
Next page: Tasks