- Select ‘Create a New Report’ from the bottom right of the Reports screen
- Select ‘Report Type’ from all the options available: Project, Form, Document, Profile, Task or Workflow. You will find the Report Builder dialog opens for adding the required information similar to this 'Project' report view:
- Complete the Report details
- Name- The name of the report, this can be used to filter reports
- Description – A brief optional description of the report
- Tags - Meta Tags can also be used as a method to group reports together by role or department. Filtering by tag on the front end can then refine the list further.
- Add Link in Export - Includes a direct link to the result item
- Sub-Category – Defines meta-data available in Columns tab. This meta-data is created and edited using the attribute manager (See: Attribute Manager)
- Permissions – Report is made available to users to view if assigned access rights
Report Creators and System Admins have the ability to assign additional permission levels to each report with optional access levels:
- View Access: Can Run this Report
- Edit Access: Can Run and Clone Report
- Admin Access: Has Full Admin rights
We now go to the next tab 'Columns' to enter the report's source information:
- Click on the 'Columns' tab
- Select a column field from the list (these are dependent and display based on the report type chosen in step 2, i.e. Project/Task/Workflow etc.).
- Select ‘Add Column’ to add a new report column. These columns are either string-based, numeric-based, or date-based. As you choose what fields to run the report on, the fields appear listed across the top of the screen. You can click and drag the column tabs shown along the top to decide the order.
- You can select ascending or descending column order, Date formats, Sum numerical columns and also define the format of the data e.g.chart or list.
Sample Report Display:
- If you hover over a tool tip it will display additional information on the report field.
- For numerical fields that are 'monetary', selecting the 'Amount' checkbox will display a comma in the thousands.
- If a form field has restrictions around who can report on it, this will be indicated by a padlock icon next to the element, highlighting that not all users in the system have permission to see that information. However, it is important to remember that just because a user can't report on a field, they could still see the field if a user who has access to that field or created a report and shared it with them.
- The Report builder has been updated to include new fields for enhanced reports for timesheets. It is now possible to report on: Total hours scheduled on a resource item for all users assigned to that resource item; Total hours sheeted on a resource item for all users assigned to resource item; Total hours scheduled on a resource item for each individual user; Total hours sheeted on a resource item for an individual user; Resource item start date; Resource item end date; The ability to break down estimate hours by week by week by timesheet user
- It is possible to report on both live and pipeline projects. A column and filter called 'Pipeline Project' is in the project report and will return a value of either True or False. By default, all pipeline projects will be included in reports.
- Event reports include the dates on which event bookings happened
The next Tab 'Filtering and Grouping' allows us to limit the returned values to a range that suits:
8. Select ‘Filters and Grouping’
9. Select the desired filter to filter by from the options on the LHS.
10. Select ‘Add Filter’ to create a base filter and you will see it appear on the RHS with some options to use if required.
Note: Selecting Add filter again will generate an AND rule with the selected filter. Pressing 'Add rule' will create a filter that will cover an OR rule
Note: The filter option 'User Full Name' is available - this auto adds in the username of the person running the report
11. Select ‘Add Rule’ to add a rule to the filter
Note: Rules can cover the following dependent on the value:
• Does / Does Not
• Contains / Match / Start With / End With
• Is / Is Not
• Equal to / Before / After
• Equal to / Less than / Greater than
12. Select Preview to see your report before saving your changes to check everything is there that you need.
13. Click 'Save' to save the report.
14. Clicking 'Save As' takes the user to the newly saved report
Some additional functionality is available in the next tabs:
Select the 'Export Excels' tab to add an excel template. This function allows report owners to format reports how they want, using macros in an excel to transform a standard report export. You can then define that your report appears on a custom designed backgound for example. Report Admins can upload as many macro enabled templates per report as required.
When exporting a report, they will then have the option to either export a standard csv report or choose from one of the pre-uploaded templates.
Select the 'Report Settings' tab
The 'Download Only' switch is a configuration option that defaults clicking on a report title to download instead of viewing online
New options have been added for creating workflow reports - some of the new fields that can be used in workflow reports include Current Assigned Users, Last comment added, Last discussion comment, Total days at current step, Submitted Date, Step Due Date
Reports on Library Activity
It is possible to run the following reports on Library activity:
1.User activity breakdown over a specified date range
In a Document report we have the option to include certain actions (Preview, jump-to and download) and info on each such as the date the action was taken. We can now see these in the context of other user profile info and filter results by date range.
The following have been added to the Profile report so that users can use filters/counts etc to get the metrics they need.
Action Type (Login, Preview, Download, Upload, Search,
Password reset etc)
If Action = Search, show search term
If Action= Download, show file name
If Action= Upload, show file name
If Action= Preview, show file name
2. User activity totals over a date range
In a profile report we can pull totals for certain actions i.e. preview, download.
Those are totals since the user/file etc was created. We need to be able to report on totals for a date range.
i.e. I want to see how many times this user has logged in, searched, viewed in the last 30 days
3. File activity totals over a date range
As above but related to a document report and seeing related activity over a date range
i.e. Show me, for the last 30 days, how many times this field was viewed/downloaded