This section is where a new report can be created.
- Report Name The name of the report that appears in the reports list.
- Report Description The description appears underneath the name in the reports list
- What would you like to report on? This is the report type. The following report types are listed below. For the purposes of this example, we have selected a Form report. Click here for more information on each report type.
- Sub Category This is where you select what form(s) you want to report on. One or more forms can be selected.
- Filter Columns You decide what headings you want in your report.
- Report Column Headings are grouped into the following sections.
- Standard In this case standard form columns that are common to all forms, e.g. Form ID#, Name, Description etc. But there are standard columns for each report type
- Meta-data In this case all form fields. Different report types will have different meta-data
- Associated Data You can now report on data from different report types. If it is possible it will automatically appear here. E.g. Form reports can be associated with User meta-data based on the user name.
- Next Step You can navigate through the reports by this button.
- Column Label You can edit the label that you want to appear in the report.
- Order You can order the results by dragging your mouse over the 4 dots and moving to the order you want.
- Click on the 'Enable Filter' checkbox to enable setting up filters. This needs to be checked to set up any report filters.
- 'Display Prompt' allows the user to enter in an input value when running the report. Otherwise a set value can be entered in the text-box or date field that cannot be changed by the user running the report.
- 'Mandatory' forces the user to enter in a value.
- When this is selected - 'Run as Current User', the report would run against the logged in user.
- More filters and groupings can be done on one field by clicking on the green '+' sign. The new rule can be AND / OR logic.
Note: Rules can cover the following dependent on the value:
• Equal to / Before / After/ After & Including/ Before & Including
• Equal to / Less than / Great than / Less than & equal to/ Greater than & equal to
• Contain/ Match/ Starts with/ Ends with
• Is / Is Not
• Does / Does Not
- Formatting Any formatting options for the results will appear here. The following date options are available.
- Sort Order
- Order - You need to select by what field the report will be ordered. You can select more than one field and you can prioritise as you would like.
- Type - What sort direction is required also. The following options are available - Ascending, Descending, Unsorted.
14. Column Width Set the width for the columns here. Smaller numbers will result in shorter column width.
- Display Column - Do you want the column to be available in the results? This is turned on by default
- Display Link - This will give a link back to the value from within the report
- Filter Toggle Shows all fields where filters are turned on only.
- Report Permissions There are 3 levels of Reports permissions that can be applied to users and groups.
- View Access: Can Run this Report
- Edit Access: Can Run and Clone Report
- Admin Access: Has Full Admin rights
- Template Files You can upload an excel with your desired formatting for the report from this area by clicking on Browse Files.
- Filters Here is where you are asked to enter the filters that you set up on Step 2.
- Generate Preview After you enter the filter, you 'Generate Preview' and the results will appear on the right hand side. Empty filters can be entered if a filter is not set as mandatory
- Results A small subset of results appear here.
- Queue Report If you click this button, the full report results will be emailed to you.
- Exit Builder
- Save Save the report
Next page: Export Reports