In the top right of the screen you will see the “Add Booking” button. Select this and then from the dropdown list select either the first option – “Add Booking to the table” for any adhoc project work, or another event option such as Sick leave or Training etc.
- If you select “Add Booking to Table” you will be presented with a dialog box to add the required details.
- Add the details for your booking. Some fields are mandatory to ensure the booking is linked to a project.
- A short cut to the projects available to a user is available here and the milestones in that project if applicable.
- In the Allocation tab, the user's default role appears but also a dropdown menu will be available to select as different role from the rate card selected for that project. Note: A user can only be assigned to a resource item once so cannot be assigned to that same resource item as two different roles
- Click 'Save' and the event will be listed in the Planner on the selected days for the designated Users.
- Events can also be added directly from the calendar view by clicking and dragging across selected days for a selected User and then selecting “Add Booking”. In this way the dates and user will be already entered in the Event dialog.
- The Planner will show a User’s day with a red, green or amber colour.
- If the event exceeds the User’s hours of availability, the event will be highlighted red.
- If the event equals the User’s hours of availability, the event will be highlighted green.
- If the event is less than the User’s availability, the event will be highlighted orange.
The User days / hours available are set in the User Manager in the Admintools section: